These Posts Caught Interest
Social Media Posts
Soccer Is Life – Posts
- Modern Marketing: Science Or Art? – Infographic
- How To Get On Your “Likers” News Feed – Infographic
- How Facebook Can Get You Fired – Infographic
- Netflix And The Battle Over Original Content
- Why Apple Hired Burberry’s Angela Ahrendts
- Business Management: Habits Of Successful People – Infographic
- Time To Trash The Consulting Handbook: How Not To Manage Your Business – Infographic
- By The Numbers: Women And Small Businesses – Infographic
- Google’s Share Price Hits $1,000: Everything You Should Know
- Why Peyton Manning Is The Most Valuable Football Player
- New York City Photos And Impressions – Empire State Building Under The Bridge
- New York City Photos And Impressions – Times Square, People
- Failure Is Unimportant…
- Selling To Marketers: Tips And Best Practices – Infographic
- Blogging Tips: How To Promote Your Blog Post – Infographic
- Effective Communication: Enterprise Social Networks – Infographic
- How To Become An Asset In The Sales Department – Infographic
- Social Media Consultants: How To Understand A New Client And Create New Content Ideas – Infographic
- The Growth Of Mobile Advertising – Infographic
- Digital Ad Spending In China: What’s Happening And What’s To Come – Infographic
- Apple’s Big New Hire: Is She a Luxury Play?
- Social Media For Hiring Is At An All-Time High – Infographic
- Reminder: The Power Of Guest Blogging – Infographic
- Crowdsourcing: From Striking Idea To Game-Changer – Infographic
- Social Media For Social Good: Recent Trends Towards Charity – Infographic
- Do Top Mad Men Actually Use Twitter? – And You Wonder Why Your ROI Is Limping?
- Martha Stewart: Bloggers Are No Experts
- Internet Search: Google’s Hummingbird Will Do Better – Infographic
- 120 (!!! WOW) Marketing Tactics For New Blogs – Infographic
- Hotel Marketers: Facebook Marketing, Popularity And How To Do Better – Infographic
- Entertainment: Miley Cyrus And Katy Perry On Twitter – Infographic
- Marketing Information And Knowledge: Top Ten Blogs – Infographic
- Increase Traffic And Engagement: 10 Killer Blog Titles – Infographic
- Vine And Instagram: Shoot Videos Like A Pro
- Facebook Advertising: Benchmarks For Automotive Industry – Infographic
- Prove Content Marketing ROI To Your CEO
- Meredith Whitney Is Winding Down Brokerage Unit
- New iPad Expected On October 22
- Why Nike’s CEO Is Being Compared To Steve Jobs
- Visual Marketing: Statistics And Facts – Infographic
- Cross Channel Marketing: How To Engage Customers Effectively – Infographic
- Everything You Need To Know About Janet Yellen
- Blogging: How To Monetize On Your Blog – Infographic
- The Global Blogging Community: The Who And How – Infographic
- Twitter: Numbers, Events, The Players And More – Infographic
- Contagious Content: The Psychology That Drives Sharing – Infographic
- PayPal Unveils Another Way To Pay In Stores
- Tommy John Fixes Male Problems
- New York City Photos And Impressions – Downtown Art Photo
Daily Archives: December 27, 2011
Banks Boost Lending as Economy Slowly Warms Up
Banks have boosted lending by 8.2 percent since July according to Federal Reserve statistics. USA Today reports.
From Macy’s to Sears, Tales of Holiday Highs, Lows
Macy’s, Wal-Mart and others continue to get high marks from Wall Street as the busy season draws to a close, while Sears Holdings proved that it was really not a jolly holiday for all stores.
Got a first date and want a second one? Dress to impress by following GQ.com‘s rebuff-proof guide to what to wear for wooing. Look like you’ve made an effort, but not too much effort. As Hardy Amies says, “A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them.” No woman wants to date a man who has spent more time getting ready than she has. GTL should be restricted to nights out on the Jersey Shore.
Buy a decent wallet. Because all the brownie points you earn by paying for dinner will evaporate in an instant if your billfold says “Bad Motherfucker” on it. Put your money into brown or black leather. A clip can be a stylish alternative as long as it isn’t in the shape of a dollar sign.
A logo T-shirt sends a message. Not the right one. This also applies to novelty socks, ties and anything with Homer Simpson on.
Shoes. Because whether it’s before or after your eyes, backside and bank account, she will look and she will judge you by them – even if you’re David Gandy. Good-quality leather lace-ups or loafers are the safest bets. Socks are scarcely less important and should be fine wool or cashmere. Seriously, we really can’t emphasise this enough. A female colleague’s grandma always told her never to trust a man with unpolished shoes. Another is wary of men wearing shoes which are too polished. Yet another left a restaurant because her date was wearing flip-flops. With a suit. And don’t even think about mandals.
Keep your denim dark, slim and plain. “Tricked-up” jeans will impress less than offering to go Dutch. Also no bootcut unless you’re at the rodeo.
Wear a scent. But not too much of it. If you smell like a tart’s boudoir than she may suspect that you frequent one. If in doubt, go classic and unassailably masculine: Eau Sauvage, Aqua di Parma, pretty much anything by Tom Ford. Spray on your chest under your shirt and on your hair to give her an incentive to get closer – wrists and neck wear off too quickly – and never down your trousers. Also clean and trim your fingernails if you want to touch her ever.
Sporting attire should be avoided at all costs unless your date involves watching or participating in sport. In which case there probably won’t be a second date.
Don’t peacock. This is not The Game, you are not Mystery, and peacock is not a word that you want associated with you in any way. The window display at Banana Republic is a good reference point.
Dress for pleasure, not business. Don’t wear a suit unless your date is somewhere incredibly swanky, and even then smart separates are almost always preferable. As well as looking like you’ve come straight from work (and therefore made zero effort), if you’re dressed like a mobile phone salesman then it looks like you’re trying too aggressively to close the deal, and no respectable woman wants to get that vibe on the first date.
Good underwear. Because you never know…
click here for the content.
Spain will not win Euro 2012, says ex-Germany coach Berti Vogts
The Society of Black Lawyers accuses Liverpool and Chelsea of condoning racism
Arsene Wenger disappointed after Arsenal’s home draw with Wolves
President: Corinthians will make another approach for Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez